Wednesday, September 2, 2009

36 Weeks 5 Days




We had a false alarm last Friday. I was having contractions every 2 ½ - 3 minutes that were a lot stronger than normal. We went to the hospital and my Doctor said that I just contact a lot. I was still only dilated to 1 cm. I asked her if she thought it would be like this for the next 4 weeks and she said she wouldn’t let me go that long.


I had a Doctor’s appointment this past Monday and not much has changed but all is well to report. Kelby’s head has definitely dropped and is getting ready!! It is amazing to feel how much my uterus has dropped from the top of my belly. We are so excited to meet our little baby!! She will come when she is ready though. It has been a tough couple of weeks. My legs and feet are still swelling due to all of the fluid and not to mention my belly keeps getting bigger and bigger. I have been off work now for weeks and my doctor says I need to take it even more easy now. Anyone who knows me knows that I don't lay around very well. My feet get so bad that John says it looks like I have broken every bone in my foot. When I see strangers in public they all say “oh honey you aren’t going to last another week”… well guess what… people have been telling me that for the past 3 weeks. I haven’t had a good not sleep in weeks. I actually slept for 2 ½ consecutive hours last night. I get up to go to the bathroom at the least 4x’s a night and have contractions everytime I roll over or get up. Thanks for listening to me vent :). I know everything I have been feeling is well worth it!!!!!! I just can’t wait to hold and meet her!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I will be thinking about you and I hope she comes soon, too!!

    I know the feeling but I PROMISE it will be all worth it in the end!

    Don't you just love those people that don't know how to mind their own business and I am sure your hormones aren't helping the matter either. I will keep ya'll in my prayers!

    Thinking about ya! :)

    ReplyDelete