Wednesday, September 30, 2009

2 weeks

I can’t believe that Kelby turned 2 weeks old this past weekend. She is doing great!! We had her 2 week check up yesterday and she is now 10lbs 2.5oz. She only grew a 1/4in in length. John and I are having so much fun being parents and love every minute of it. Kelby is already holding her head up and turning it. She never really wanted to be swaddled because she loves to stretch so much. If you think about it she didn’t really have much room the past 9 ½ months so stretching is a new world to her. One good thing about having almost a 10lb baby is that I have lost over 35lbs in 2 weeks… Crazy!!! Everyone tells you how great you feel after you have the baby and in my case I feel wonderful!!! I was so swollen at the end of my pregnancy and for a few days after that it didn’t take much to make me feel better. As much as I love to kiss her, hold her and smell her I still miss her not being in my tummy. John and I are so blessed to have such a sweet baby girl.

Kelby has had her good and bad days as far as her sleeping habits at night time but the past two nights have been wonderful. Last night she slept for 7 hours and the night before she slept for 6 ½ hours. She is such a good baby!!! She only cries when she is hungry. She loves to lie in her crib and watch her mobile and when we are in our bedroom or the living room she loves to watch the ceiling fans. Her daddy introduced her to a pacifier this week and she loved it!!!!!

Sampson loves baby Kelby and is adjusting well!! Even though she is not sleeping in her room at night yet, Sampson is. If he is not halfway under the crib then he is at least right next to it. He always has to check on her when she is making noises and when we hand her off to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment