Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Doctor Update

It has been a long week since I last updated but it seems to be getting better. I had a couple of days last week with strong contractions but nothing came of them. My feet have quit swelling which has made a huge difference and I am finally beginning to get some sleep at night for the past two nights. I was able to go for a walk with John and Sampson last night and wear my tennis shoes!! This may not sound like a huge deal but I have not been able to wear tennis shoes in months because my feet have been so swollen. The funny thing is that my belly is so big now that John has to put my shoes and socks on me and my feet sure were snug in my size 11 shoes. I have heard that your feet grow half a size when you’re pregnant… Yikes!!!! I don’t need my feet to grow anymore.

We had a doctor’s appointment yesterday and everything is looking great. My cervix has made progress since last week and my blood pressure is still good and I actually lost 6lbs. My doctor has been very happy with my weight gain, “knock on wood” we have not seen any stretch marks on my belly at this point, but it’s not over yet. The doctor said that my feet quit swelling because Kelby is no longer sitting on what was causing the swelling. My belly has had another growth spurt since last week and is measuring bigger than it should which means Kelby had a growth spurt. We go back to the doctor on Monday for an ultrasound so they can measure her and the doctor will decide when to induce if Kelby doesn’t come before then, which means we could be meeting our sweet little girl next week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment