Friday, September 18, 2009

Our little girl has arrived!!!

Kelby Lynn Burrows arrived on Sunday September 13, 2009 (MY BIRTHDAY!!) at 4:12pm and she weighed 9 lbs and 13 oz.

I woke up on Sunday morning at around 6am to roll over and when I rolled over my water broke. It was so crazy!! I woke John up and he came running to my side. We took showers and packed our bags and off to the hospital we went. We arrived at the hospital at around 7am and they confirmed that my water had broke. I was only dilated to 1-2cm the first time they checked me so I was thinking this is going to be a long day. At around 8am they moved us from Maternal Observation to Labor and Delivery and at this point my contractions were about 3-5 minutes apart they were definitely different from any contractions I had felt. I decided to start walking around for 30 minutes at a time and take a 10 minute brake in between so they could monitor us. By 10am my contractions were about 2 ½ minutes apart and getting stronger when they checked at 12pm I was dilated to 5 cm. By this point it was becoming extremely painful when walking up and down the halls. I am so fortunate to have had my wonderful husband by my side during this time. He could see the pain and asked that I go ahead and get an epidural. The most difficult thing about getting the epidural was having contractions every 1 ½ minutes and trying to sit still. After I had the epidural the time just flew by. By 2 pm I was dilated to 9-10 cm. At that point the doctor wanted to give Kelby just a bit longer to try and drop past the +1 she was already at. By 3pm they checked me and we started pushing at about 3:15. Before I knew it our baby girl was in my arms. When they pulled her out the doctor and the nurses could not believe how big she was. She was the most precious little girl we had ever seen!!! She was very healthy and very alert.

We are so grateful for our little baby girl. We can’t describe to anyone the amount of joy and love she brings to us. We are so in love. We want to also thank all of our friends and family for all of their love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment